I've been searching for an illustrator for my book for 3 MONTHS NOW and it's getting so urgent. No one ever replies! WHY!?!?!
I need someone to draw my characters for a book i've written.
I know there's probably a lot of people on this site bulls***ing to you artists, and judging by my page i hope you don't think i'm not serious. BUT I AM! SERIOUSLY! Please. My book is called "I don't remember you" and is in the publishing process now, and should be ready by February 2010.
It's a lesbian romance with a few mysterious twists...and i'm looking for anyone who can provide me with a good front and back book image.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:
* The cover should be aimed at teenagers and implying romance, but not too raunchy. I don't want it to scare away people who will stereotype it as your usual lesbian book. There's more to it than that, God dammit!
* I don't want to give away my ideas on the internet but think "Lost Love." - Something happens to tear them apart and i want that to be evident in the cover image.
* The first main character (Becca) is an English teenager with mousy brown hair in a medium-length ponytail, cold blue eyes, with a slim athletic frame. Quite tomboyish, most likely to be in denim shorts and a green top. Her favourite colour is light Blue.
* The second main character (Jasmine) is a Native American teenager with long sleek black hair and green eyes. She is a very feminine and shy, book worm type character, who is only ever seen in pretty little dresses.
WHAT I CAN OFFER YOU:
* Your name on the book and a reference on my website when it's made, as the official illustrator of the cover
* Money, of course. A share of my books profits or whatever...we can arrange that if i like your work. And that's a promise from me, i will draw up a bloody contract and everything.
* A few free copies of the book (Which you will see in shops anyway hopefully!)
*Anything else a usual illustrator of a book gets.
Please, please, please consider this offer.
Thanks so much,